Pressure your reps to support Bernie Sanders's Tax on Extreme Wealth proposal. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives.


Action by State

California: Pressure your reps to support SB-378 introduced by Sen. Weiner, a 40% tax on inherited fortunes and help get it on the November 2020 ballot. The road to getting it on the ballot and voted in is long, and the pockets of those who oppose it are deep. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives.

Pressure your reps to support SB-37, “Corporate Fair Share for California & Californians” introduced by Sen. Skinner, which would raise the income tax rate on CA's most profitable corporations and is uniquely designed to further increase the tax rate on large corporations based on the disparity between the company’s executive pay and its average worker pay. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives.

Florida: Pressure your reps to support the New Sunshine Deal, which, in addition to expanding medicare, giving working-class families tax cuts, and giving teachers pay raises, closes corporate tax loopholes and cracks down on the use of off-shore tax havens. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives.

Illinois: Vote YES on Gov. J.B. Pritzker's Graduated Income Tax Amendment in November 2020. The plan replaces a flat income tax in favor of one that increases income tax rates on Illinois' most wealthy 3% and lowers income tax rates for the other 97% of Illinois.

Maine: Join up with The Prosperity Coalition, a people-powered movement fighting for policies to build prosperity for all Mainers — regardless of their race, ZIP code, or family income.

Massachusetts: Pressure your reps to support the Fair Share Act that Sen. Lewis (S.16) and Rep. O’Day (H.86) introduced. The proposal suggests a 4% increase on annual income over $1 million and allocates the estimated $2 billion in new state revenue to public education, affordable public colleges and universities, and the repair and maintenance of roads, bridges, and public transportation. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives.

New Jersey: Pressure your reps to support the Millionaires Tax that Gov. Phil Murphy proposed as part of the new state budget. June 30 is the deadline to pass the budget, so now is the time to be loud about supporting the Millionaires Tax, which raises the tax rate on income over $1 million. The website https://democracy.io is a quick and easy way to write to your representatives. Update: the proposal failed this time.

Pennsylvania: Join up with the people-powered coalition We the People who are working hard to propose and implement common-sense solutions that will build prosperity for all, including putting forward a proposal called A Fair Share Tax Plan for PA, which would reduce taxes on income from work but raise taxes on income from wealth, interest, capital gains, dividends, royalties, etc.


Meet with Like-Minded People

The politicians won't do something to take back our money from the billionaires unless we rise up together and make them. Change happens from the bottom up, not the top down. Here's a growing list of groups and organizations to consider joining up with:

  • Democratic Socialists of America
    The Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) is the largest socialist organization in the United States. We believe that working people should run both the economy and society democratically to meet human needs, not to make profits for a few. We are a political and activist organization, not a party; through campus and community-based chapters, DSA members use a variety of tactics, from legislative to direct action, to fight for reforms that empower working people.
    Find a Chapter
  • #FightFor15
    The Fight for $15 began in 2012 when two hundred fast-food workers walked off the job to demand $15/hr and union rights in New York City. Today, we’re a global movement in over 300 cities on six continents. We are fast-food workers, home health aides, child care teachers, airport workers, adjunct professors, retail employees – and underpaid workers everywhere.
    Join the Fight


Share This Site

Stickers/Posters PDF: https://gofile.io/?c=LhpIjt

Social Post Images: